Sunday 6 October 2013

First week down…

Air India Flight



After 26 long hours I have finally arrived in Sydney. The flight over went really well. I pretty much slept all through it, which was brilliant, the daily power naps the week before obviously helped!

Once I arrived I made my way to the accommodation which is much nicer than I expected! It even has a gym so now I have no excuse to get fit!

Accommodation




I spent the morning getting unpacked and settled in. I then went out with the girls to do a bit of shopping in Sydney and get an Aussie phone. 

As I pretty much spent most of the flight asleep, I managed to bypass jet lag and managed to get to bed at 10, after all of us had dinner at Thai in a box in Burwood, which was amazing!

The second day we went down to Sydney Harbour to watch the fireworks, marking 100 years since the Royal Australian Navy fleet first entered the harbour.  The show was amazing to watch and a perfect start to my adventure!! 






On Sunday I managed to force myself to the gym for a 5 mile run which wasn’t sooo bad and then spent the rest of the day sunbathing (such a hard life..!). I had my first experience of Sydney’s nightlife, we pre drank in the room to save money and then went to Cargo’s at Sydney Darling Harbour. It was ridiculously busy but I spent the evening dancing away (I also should say it was FULL of navy guys…).



 


Keeping you posted :)
Sarah x




No comments:

Post a Comment