Monday 11 November 2013

Six weeks down…








This week I have been trying to save some money. I have been cutting down on the social life and trying to make the most of the free things to do in Sydney this weekend.

Monday I met the roomie and headed to the Opera Kitchen, in Circular Quay, where we had a glass of pink champagne and a burger which was sooo good!! Then salsa as usual which seems to be getting better and better each week!!




Thursday after work we met up with some of my roomies friends and headed to the winery in Surrey Hills which was so beautiful the décor was so random but it looked so cool!









We then headed to Darling Harbour and had drinks at the Blackbird. I had my usual Sex on the Beach cocktail!!

Friday we headed to Village Bizarre at the Rocks which was so weird.  We first ended up being given a high-vis jacket, ear phones and an mp3 player. It was so random asking us to imagine ourselves invisible.  As much as I would have loved to embrace the weirdness, I hadn’t had one drink. So I strongly recommend having a glass of wine to loosen up a bit first!! We had a look at the market stalls and the attractions including a silent disco. We then stopped for a glass of wine where a band performed old jazz songs which were really good.




Afterwards we headed to Pancakes on the Rocks (yes again!!) which is becoming a very bad habit!

Saturday we headed to Bondi which was really hot for a while then it suddenly turned cold and cloudy so we headed to the cliffs to have a look at the sculptures by the sea (totally random…I really don’t get it!!). We then had dinner at an Italian restaurant which was amazing so I won’t recommend it!!








Sunday we went to look at an apartment although me and the roomie turned up and had no idea what room number and no mobile number so wasn’t very successful! We then walked to Paddington and headed along Oxford Street to do a bit of retail therapy. I managed to buy a dress and a work top. 

We stopped at David Jones to look at the xmas windows made me feel a little bit Chrismasy but im not sure it ever will here...






We ended up stopping for a coffee at a café/bookshop it was sooo cool and such a good idea I think it may become a local hangout for me!! We then headed home but stopped in Thai in the box for some Pad Thai which is amazing!! Even when you have the left overs the next day it gets even better!!

After trying to have a cheap week I go and ruin it on Sunday by buying more clothes! I just can’t help myself…..!!
 
Keeping you posted.

Sarah x



No comments:

Post a Comment