Tuesday 5 August 2014

Forty four weeks down...


After my week away it's been good to get back into a routine. Although, after the accident it's left a bitter taste in my mouth, especially, as I seem to be getting bills as reminders…

I now only have a month left in Sydney, so I choose to not dwell on the past but to make the most of the remainder of my time here... starting with visiting as many bars and restaurants as I can before I leave!!


Wednesday night a few of the housemates and I went to The Village in Potts Point. It's a sophisticated bistro-bar with a open-air fairy-lit courtyard just down the road from Kings cross, but, far enough away to avoid the madness. I had a glass of moscato and had the clay pot baked lasagne with buffalo mozzarella & fresh basil served with warm crusty bread, which tasted incredible.




On Thursday after work we headed into the city to Establishment, which has a classical elegance meets party atmosphere and the usual go to place for those who work in the city.

Upon arrival we received a free glass of champagne and sat down for a meal of which I had pad thai. They do, however, offer other options other than Thai food such as Bert’s pie: Beef shoulder & red wine pie, potato mash peas and gravy which my roommate had.

We then received another free glass of champagne which was possibly an incentive to keep us in the bar, safe to say it worked! 

I headed to the lifts and went up to the fourth floor to a bar called Hemmesphere. This bar is more for wealthy business men looking to wind down from the stresses and strains of the work day. The bar oozes sophistication with an award-winning Japanese sushi restaurant inside.


At work I'm in preparation for my upcoming events which consist of an exhibition for gaming experts and a cocktail party. So on Friday afternoon I got to leave the office and head down to Darling Harbour for a few meetings with some of the bars for my cocktail event. It was pretty fun looking at the different venues, especially, as they all have great views of the harbour. 



Friday night I decided to stay in and relax with a few glasses of wine and of course some movies. I got treated to this beautiful view. I'm not going to lie, I really will miss this apartment!!



On Saturday night I also got treated to this view of the fireworks over Sydney Harbour Bridge.


On Sunday morning the roomie and I headed to Rosebery to visit Kitchen by Mike for breakfast. This well-known restaurant is located inside a warehouse and ex-Rockpool head chef is the owner. The Canteen-style set up hosts a different menu daily dependant on what produce Mike locally sources. I had a banana smoothie with the ploughman's special which consisted of Leg ham on toast with smashed egg, goats cheese, avocado and pickled vegetables. Be assured that this is food worth waiting for, and may even leave you wanting more...


Afterwards we walked about two hours to Port Botany and walked along the Coast round to Le Perouse which was about 6 miles. It was definitely worth it as the coast line was beautiful and the beaches were very quiet and peaceful. It almost could have been a seaside village in Devon.  I even treated myself to a Mr whippy Ice cream with a flake and nuts, just like when I was younger!
 

Once we got back to Kings Cross we couldn't help but go to the supermarket and get all the ingredients for a traditional English roast dinner with Apple crumble and custard. It really was like an English Sunday only with better weather! 


I hope you had a good week too?

Keeping you posted.

Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment