Wednesday 27 August 2014

Forty seven weeks down...


This week has been pretty busy with only two weeks left living in Sydney. It's starting to sink in that this will no longer be my home. After having such an amazing time so far it's going to be very sad to leave, however, that being said I'm excited at the prospect of another adventure...

The weather this week has been the worst yet, all it seems to do is rain! I think this maybe in preparation for my return back to England. It certainly make me less likely to go outside.

On Wednesday it was my roommates Birthday so I filled our apartment with balloons and old school photos.


That evening we headed to Otto on Woolloomooloo wharf. Recognised as one of Sydney's premier restaurants, Otto boasts lush designer appointments and dim lighting. The restaurant itself is very expensive, but as it was a special occasion I splashed out. I had Caprese to start which included tomatoes, buffalo mozzarella, basil, extra virgin olive oil and for main, risotto ‘quattro fromaggi’ which consisted of aged aquerello rice, gorgonzola, pecorino, taleggio, parmesan.  The risotto was exquisite, it really is a dish to die for!


Thursday evening the roomie and I headed to fox studios in Moore park to watch a comedy show at The Comedy Store. It offers up the cream of the touring comics and you will be sure to leave with an aching belly.


On Saturday morning I took some friends from Melbourne to Chezdee in Potts Point for brunch. I had granola with fruit and yogurt which was delicious. 


Saturday night was my roomie's birthday party so we through a house party and lots of people came round. It really was lovely to see everyone and it certainly made me realise who I would be leaving behind which is really sad.


We then headed to home nightclub for a few dances. 


On Sunday we took our friends that flew over from Melbourne for the party to Bondi. We all had brunch at Aqua which was really nice, although, the service wasn't very good. I had French toast with grid bananas and golden syrup. It certainly sent me on a massive sugar high.


We then walked along the beach and relaxed on the sand for a while. 


If you ever watch Bondi rescue you will certainly recognise the below lifeguards. I got to have my photo taken with them which certainly made my day! 


Afterwards we headed to Icebergs for a glass of wine over looking the sea. It has the most stunning views of Bondi beach which was the perfect way to finish the weekend off.


Keeping you posted. 

Sarah x 

No comments:

Post a Comment